Closing your account
If you manage your accounts and investments online or by phone, simply log in or call us. (Investment Guaranteed Growth Bonds can only be cashed in online.)
If you close your account or cash in all of your investments online, simply:
- Log in or register. If you're already registered, please enter your NS&I number, surname and password.
- Go to ‘Your profile’ in the top menu
- On your account dashboard, go to the account you want to close and choose 'Cash in' or 'Take money out'.
- If you have more than one account of the same type, select the one you want to close.
- Enter the full balance in the amount box and then choose 'Cash in' or 'Take money out'.
Not registered? For some of our products, you can withdraw your savings and close your account by filling out a quick online form, without needing to create an online profile. Be sure to have your account details to hand.Close your Income Bonds account
Close your Children’s Bonds account
Close your Investment Account
Close your Premium Bonds account
Close a child’s Premium Bonds account
Please note: you must be the person responsible for the child’s Premium Bonds in order to withdraw them and close the account.
Sometimes, when we close a product or your fixed-term savings mature, we move your money to our Residual Account (an account that we hold your money in temporarily). You can use the online form below to withdraw your savings from our Residual Account.Withdraw money from Residual Account
Prefer the post?
It will take a bit longer, but you can still download and send us a paper form in the post.